Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Summer's Been Good, but now It's Back to School!

September is always bittersweet...I'm always excited to be back at school and all that teenager energy is powerful. But summer is relaxing (mostly!) and I miss being able to quilt as I please.
 
I haven't posted for a while, but there are several completed projects. Tonight, I'll show the Sweet Pea Pods. Little zipper pouches, with a single loop of zipper. So easy to make and super fast and darling! This is a Lazy Girl design and, as always, the directions are crystal clear and thorough, with lots of pictures.  You can check it out here.
 
Got a bunch of zippers and extra pulls from Zipper Island. So many choices, and quick service. She included a few goodies - an extra decorative pull and adorably packaged. So inexpensive too! I'll be ordering again  for the next zippers I need. 
  
Mine came out pretty cute I think. I made 4 and just made two more last night for an exchange gift at my TacMQG meeting tonight.  They are a lovely soft green. We are doing birthday baskets - if it's your birthday, you bring a small gift, and folks buy tickets for each basket for $1 a piece.  If yours is drawn, then what's inside is yours.  I'm hoping that my two little sweet green pea pods are popular!

You know, as I look back at these pictures, I see that these were made while my Brother (Oh, my goodness, I LOVE my Brother!) was down for repairs.  I was using my Great Grandmother's 1938 Featherweight.  And it is amazing.  I need to wax it - I got post-it stickum on it, and tried to use water and soap to get it off.  Rookie mistake!  The lovely sheen just disappeared in front of my eyes.  Making a teeny tiny problem much larger! I need to go buy the wax, and polish it.  I'm hoping it's as easy to fix as the on-line references make it sound.  I got this from my Grandmother, who purchased it from her mother.  I will not mention my oops to her - she'd just laugh and shake her head.  I bet she never made that mistake...
 
Do you name your machines?  I've never done it, but I'm starting to feel like they deserve it!  I'm happy to take suggestions for names.  The Brother is an Innov-is Dream Weaver (can't remember the model number) and she(?) works really well.  It's got a massive throat - truly you can quilt a king without killing yourself. Of course, since it's entirely electronic, something gets a little out of whack, and it has problems.  I'm blessed that I purchased it at Quality Sewing and Vacuum and they have provided me EXCEPTIONAL customer service.   If I ever have questions or a problem, they make it right.
 
I hope your summer was fantastic!
 
"Any day with fabric is a good day..."

No comments:

Post a Comment